The 2008 Presidential Election Results

on Sunday, November 09, 2008


Nov. 9, 2008


So I voted. Me and about 126 million more Americans. I had a nice day. It rained a little bit in the morning. But the skies cleared. I grabbed my flag and went to the local polling station to vote.

I watched the results via the Internet. Here's a CNN map of the results.

Most of the states that I thought would go blue, went blue. THE NORTH EAST.
And most of what I thought would go red stayed red. THE SOUTH. Except for Florida.

Woah...Florida, a state that went red for the past 8 years was flipped blue. And North Carolina went blue too. By about 14,000 people. Missouri was also a close race. It went Red, but only by about 6,000 votes over blue. And I voted in Hawaii...a totally blue state. 72% blue vs. 27% red.

There are those who are a bit wary of the next president because of some of his political statements or ideology...I too am a bit cautious about it on many issues.

But, I also think that the people should be informed about any high ranking government official irregardless of their political party, and know what he or she is doing within the government. We will see what this next presidency brings...and how the politics of the country shape up over the next couple of years.

For now I am happy to say that I live in a country where I can vote freely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I will review your comments