At the Crossroads

on Sunday, November 02, 2008



Election Year 2008.
Enter the candidate. The candidate makes speeches. Raises $. Defeats opponents. Makes pledges. Raises more $. Gets hounded by the media. Raises more $. Visits unknown towns somewhere in the middle of nowhere seeking votes. Raises more $. People support the candidate. People despise the candidate. A yard sign goes up. Another one gets stolen...and round and round the cycle goes.

Til the slug fest ends on November 4, 2008 ELECTION DAY!

So you may ask yourself...why should I even get involved in this process? Well, because you can -- this is a democratic society. If you don't vote, then don't complain later about a candidate or the way a country is running, if you didn't even bother taking the time now to elect the candidate.

So here's what I think. I think that people should do their research on the issues, the candidate, and the other things that are on the ballot. So, go ahead and vote for "your" candidate.

There's a lot of information out there. Search several sources. Here is one website that contains a lot of political information:

Project Vote Smart

SO GO VOTE. I do enjoy politics. At the moment, I would never run for office, but I am interested in what the candidates have to say. I may not agree 100% with either of them, but I will pick the 1 who I think is better for the country. During some election years, we don't have much of a choice as far as candidates go. Some election years we do.

If you vote for another candidate than I do...fine. We live in a free country where there can be different political opinions. We do not have to live in fear from political police who will raid your house just because you may oppose something. We can all have our strong political beliefs. I think we can disagree politically, but still be respectful of each other.

I think that most people want the best for my country, they just have different view points about how to get there. Fine. As long as we do what is right, we will be protected and no king will ever rule over us. But if we slack off and lower our defense, then we may be putting ourselves in danger.

So if in your election year, your political side does not win, then at least you tried. You did all you could. Better luck next time. At least you get a FREE sticker.

So do your research, grab a flag, and GO VOTE!

(That's my flag in my room just in case you're wondering)

Take part in the crossroads of history.

-- tagman8us

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I will review your comments